Sunday, October 16, 2005

Great Timing...

Back in my first post I mentioned a female friend who had pushed me to write here. Her name is Katrina, but we all call her Kat. Tonight I was hanging out with several friends, including Kat. We were all smoking and drinking and irritating the elderly lesbian couple next door with our music. I can only take so much smoke before I start to get a headache, so I had stepped outside for some air and was sitting on the front porch steps watching the dog across the street digging up something I'm sure is so repulsive to humans that he can't help but be fascinated by it.

I heard the door open behind me, and Kat came out.

"Whatcha doin'?" she asked.

"Trying to breathe," I said.

"Mind if I sit?"

"Not at all."

As if she had read my mind and knew I was almost empty, she handed me a beer. We just sat there quietly watching the dog and the occasional car passing by. It's cool out, but the crickets are still singing this time of year.

I suddenly became aware that Kat was sniffling. I glanced over at her. Her hair was down next to her face, hiding it from me, but I noticed a tear rolling down her cheek.

She seemed to become aware of my gaze and looked over at me. Suddenly she just leaned in, grabbed the back of my neck and planted one of the best kisses on me that I've ever experienced. It caused a spasm in my back. When she broke loose, she threw her arm over my shoulder, buried her face in my neck for a minute and whispered, "Asshole."

Then she got up and left. I mean, she drove away, without another word or glance.

Now, Kat and I have been close, but we've never dated. I've dated her friends, and she has dated mine, but the two of us have always sorta been off limits to each other for some reason. I won't say I haven't thought about it, and I figure she has as well.

So, now. What the hell?

4 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

Is she hot??? If so, I'll be happy to look after her when you go off to your big-time TV job!! :D

 
At 4:25 PM, October 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clearly, Kat has always liked you and now you're moving away. That's why you're suddenly an 'asshole'.

Yep, it's hard to chase this dream and explain it to our parents. but you're ahead of the game in that you don't have student loans. You should be able to save some money. Don't know which market you are moving to -- but I hope it's cheap.
Get a roommate. If it's the girl, just be a gentleman. I had a guy roommate for a while and it all went fine. Just make sure - if you decide to date her - or bonk her - move out first. you're just asking for trouble any other way.

As for the ND... I'd be cautious here. If he doesn't eventually remember your agreement, you might not want to move there.

And are you sure you heard the conversation you think you heard? Is there a chance he was talking to two photogs?

Good luck.
You're a good writer.

TRS
(medialine visitor)

 
At 1:54 PM, October 20, 2005, Blogger April said...

Sometimes we women can be so damn shady. For that I'm sorry. I know I can't apologize for the whole population of women, but for shits sake bitches need to stop playing games.

Sure men play games, but they're usually obvious games that dumb women fall for. A womans game is usually made up by her, with her own rules that are subject to change at her own discretion. I don't think anyone ever really wins either.

What tangled webs we weave, or some shit like that.

But good luck to you either way.

 
At 7:11 PM, November 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how far away you going? if it's less than a day's drive you WILL see her soon, or you will regret not doing it. if you've know her for this long a little bit of distance won't hurt anything unless you neglect to act.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home