Friday, October 21, 2005

My decision

I have thought long and hard about it, and after so many people have advised me that I should run like hell from this job, I have made a decision:

Nope. I'm going to continue on as planned.

Tomorrow is my last day at the bookstore. I'm going to pack up the last of my crap on Sunday. I intend to pull out of here early Monday morning. I should be able to make the entire trip Monday.

Yes, yes, I'm probably an idiot. But I'm an idiot with a job awaiting me at a television station, and not an idiot whose immediate future includes working at a bookstore and wishing he were working in television.

I'm pretty sure that despite the previous odd conversation with the ND, I do, in fact, still have a job, because someone from human resources called me Wednesday to talk to me about the piss test. It seems that they were supposed to arrange for me to take the drug test at a facility near here before I moved. There was evidently some sort of miscommunication about that between the ND and HR, so now I'm supposed to do it there when I get into town. Thus it appears they still expect to see me there.

I'm sure people are wondering about Kat. I haven't spoken to her. She avoided me for a couple of days, and now her roommate says she left to go visit her parents. I'm not sure what to think about that, but now there's something else going on. There's another guy in our circle named Joe who apparently thinks he is dating her. He's pretty happy about it. I haven't told him that I was kissing his girlfriend a few days ago.

Otherwise, the waiting is excrutiating. My gut gets all twisty when I think about the future.

1 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, October 21, 2005, Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

Idiot. I'll be sure to keep an eye on Kat while you're gone...and I'll keep another "eye" IN Kat!! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home