Friday, February 24, 2006

A Quick Update

Here's a brief update on where I stand with Sarah and the company.

When I got to work Wednesday I pulled CP Rick aside and asked his advice. It turned out that by that time Wendy had already gotten to the ND and complained about Sarah. Sarah, of course, blamed it on me. However, Rick told me not to worry about it, that he knew I didn't have enough time to edit. He wants me to try to get faster, but he also wants me to alert Wendy sooner if it looks like I'm going to miss slot.

I don't have a good feeling about this, but I don't have a particularly bad feeling either. Sarah hardly spoke to me Wednesday night, but I did get 45 minutes to edit.

What happened at Lynn's house after work Wednesday night is the real story this week, but I'll have to write about that later.

3 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, February 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, what, what??? Write about it NOW!

 
At 7:00 PM, February 24, 2006, Blogger John said...

What this moron Sarah needs to learn is that she's never going to get any decent material for her resume tape if her packages are always being edited in 20 or 30 minutes.

At a couple of medium to major market size stations where I've worked the unwritten rule was that the photographer got an hour to edit the package.

A reporter with any brains at all is going to give the person editing his or her piece as much time as possible to work on it. The result makes them both look good.

Too bad this girl apparently doesn't get that.

 
At 10:13 AM, February 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, don't leave us hanging!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home