Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I'm Here!

Well, the trip was mostly uneventful. Just long. I didn't get in until late last night, so I'm really only seeing this town for the first time by this morning's light. My first impression? From what I see, it appears to be a combination of run down areas and new sprawl, like so many other cities or towns around the country. Right now my primary interest is coffee, so I'll have to expand on the rest later.

I'm lucky that this motel has a "business center" off the side of the lobby with computers and free Internet access. Thus I'll be able to check in here during the week until I find a place to live.

Kat came by Sunday night after she got back to town. If you've been reading, you can probably imagine the questions on my mind. Yet she acted as though nothing whatsoever had happened, and it seemed too awkward for me to bring it up. So I didn't.

On the other hand, she didn't mention Joe at all, nor was there any discussion of her dating him. I don't know what the hell that was all about. I guess it doesn't matter now, because that's 800 miles behind me.

I have to hit the ground running, so the agenda today involves apartment hunting. I'm going to look around this afternoon and get an idea of the areas of town. I mentioned earlier that I had been emailed by someone from the station who needed a roommate; I'm supposed to meet with her and her other roommates (I would make number four in the house) this evening.

And now... COFFEE!

3 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, October 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

Glad you made it there in one piece. I gotta say, what you're doing takes guts and I think you deserve some kudos for sticking to your goal, even in the face of others and myself who said to run far, far away from this job. I wish you nothing but the best!

Keep us posted, we'll be watching. :-)

-NBS

 
At 10:05 PM, October 26, 2005, Blogger Ike said...

It wasn't my first job, but I moved to a new city and moved into a three-bedroom with two women.

Not strange at all.

 
At 8:48 PM, October 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I moved from the center of Minneapolis to a town of 6,000 people in Kansas for my first television job. I was hired as a master control operator over the phone. I did not have a car. The Production Manager, a friend I went to school with, drove up to get me in a truck. We had to exchange the truck and half of my belongings in Lincoln, Nebraska for a car. I slept on the floor of his closet on a camper type mattress for the first month of my employment and walked over a mile to work to sign the station on at 5:00 A.M.

That was 1993 - now I am Production/Promotions manager at a station in my hometown and married to my "Kat" with 1 son and another on the way.

Hard work and dedication will take you a long way. But, this ND seems flakey.


-Flipphead

 

Post a Comment

<< Home